Thursday, September 17, 2015

Paint and Release

At the start of the summer I kept nagging my daughter to get rid of a pair of eight year old VANS.  When she finally did and I saw them in the trash, I became a little nostalgic (since she had them since 5th grade) and took them out of the bin.

 I felt so silly because now I had the ratty old shoes and didn't know what to do with them so finally I decided to paint them.  Since I started working with gourds I rarely paint on canvas.  When I do, it feels odd because I've gotten accustomed to working on a curved surface.

It was fun to paint again and when I finished I had no problem throwing away the shoes.  I see a whole series of paintings coming my way...perhaps a good way to get rid of things and get some painting practice in!

1 comment:

  1. So happy to see a post on your blog. The shoes look ragged but nice. Good job! Do you want me to send my old canvas shoes your way?

    ReplyDelete